Thursday, March 27, 2008

We're getting closer...

Here we are--just a couple months from the end of the school year. What a busy time of year this is! Hopefully everyone is doing well in school in your various schools. Also, I hope you are all finding success on your various track teams. Feel free to add a comment on this page and let me know who you are and a little about yourself (both personally and athletically). I'd love to get an idea of who will be with us in the fall. It will be such an awesome adventure to get to know each of you as we go through the coming years as Skyhawks.

One of the biggest challenges for me as the coach this first year will be to find some high-quality assistant coaches that can help us build up an elite track & cross-country program. Track is a sport that requires multiple coaches to coach all 17 events involved in a track team, so it will be a challenge to fill all these positions. I'm open to suggestions, references, recommendations, etc. Feel free to post here or contact me via email at bart.thompson@nebo.edu.

I'm attaching images of the cross-country uniforms I've ordered. I've decided to do different uniforms for cross-country and track. The track uniforms are still in the works. However, the cross-country uniforms have been ordered. This is what they will look like:

3 comments:

  1. Thompson,
    I think the uniforms look great. They are really cool. You should go for it. I can't wait. Oh, wait a minute, I can't be excited. You don't want me at Salem anymore, because you love me from a distance. I've decided to move to wherever Davis High School is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coach Thompson,
    I can't be too sure that I will be on cross country, but I have been planning on it. I love to run long distance, and have really good stamina. I got the highest pacers test score in my p.e. class last fall. I'm excited for whatever may happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do we get our names on the uniform, or is it going to be Salem Hills on the front?

    ReplyDelete